Kourtney Kardashian Shares Her Favorite Vegan and Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe
This originally appeared on People.com.
is open about the fact that she is — even when .
The 38-year-old reality star says her “favorite cookie recipe of all time” are the Chocolate Karma cookies from in Westlake Village, California, and she recently revealed the secret to making them
Of course, given , these are no ordinary cookies. “They specialize in the most delicious treats that are vegan, gluten- and dairy-free!” Kardashian says. “I’m obsessed with their chocolate cookies.”
And lucky for you, the bakery ships nationwide — meaning you if you’re not in the mood to make them from scratch.
Get the full recipe from the bakery below.
Chocolate Karma Cookie Recipe
Makes 16 sandwich cookies
½ cups or
2 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1¼ cups , refined, unscented and warmed/melted before measuring
⅔ cups applesauce, room temperature or warmed
2 tsp. vanilla
½ cup organic
2 cups , sifted
1 tbsp. rice milk
½ tsp. vanilla
1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir to mix. Set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, combine cane juice, warm coconut oil, warm applesauce and vanilla. Mix on low until sugar is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix on low until the dough comes together and all of the ingredients are combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°.
5. Clear work area and create space to roll out dough.
6. Roll dough to ¼” thickness and cut out 2” circles. Place circles on parchment lined cookie sheets. Cookies will not spread much so 1” apart is fine.
7. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
8. To make the cream filling, use a whip attachment on your mixer, and beat the palm shortening at high speed, until light and fluffy and doubled in size, about 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and rice milk, mix until incorporated. Add vanilla.
9. On cooled cookies, spoon out 1 tablespoon of cream filling onto ½ of the cookie sides and cover with opposing cookie. Allow to cool in fridge to set.